Saturday, March 10, 2007

So I wake up on this bright and beautiful Saturday morning hoping, and I mean really hoping that I would not have to do anything that fits in the definition of productive work. But most definitely that could never be true for moi. I had to do so much cleaning, it wasn't even close to being funny anymore. Fungus in the food- yes explain to me that one. How/ when it happened, I have no idea at all. So I am sitting there thinking how to tackle the situation, as if there is some CIA stuff involved in it. But I think I have been successful enough to leave the kitchen smiling....and what's the dealio with laundry....Does it have to be that much....seriously!!!!! Well enough said about my chore choke

I am trying to find something to talk about today and I think I am going to boast/whine about graduation a little more today. I got a letter yesterday in the mail, saying that I have been nominated to be a student commencement speaker , so I have to enter this competition and might actually end up speaking in front of a lot of people. Am not counting on it, but the thought of it kinda sounds nice. So if the university has recognized me after all these years, I mean come on, can no good school recognize me either? Yes I am a 20 year old graduating in three years, but that doesnt mean you can reject me because I am that young. So if I stayed in school another 4 years, meaning a total of 7 years, graduated with a GPA of 3.5 or above, changed majors n number of times, and then finally decided to do something, accumulated all the loans I could have, then maybe I would have had a better chance at getting into a good school? Irony of life....and I hate to put that cliche there, but apparently it is true. You cannot be good enough until you have seen failure. Wow! I am impressed with the double standards!


Spring break has officially started, which means I am mastering the art of SLEEP!!!!!!! So good luck to me on that


Shreya

1 comment:

Annie Frankovis said...

Hey now, Hey now. I am graduating in six years (just barely). I don't think they're punishing you for being young. We've had this discussion many o' times. It isn't that you have seen failure, but it's the school you're coming out of. We're UH... I think it speaks for itself. You do work hard, and remind yourself of that every day. Have a little faith, Shreya.