Monday, March 12, 2007

If someone said travelling was tiring, waste of time and money, that person is completely out of their mind. Yes it is tiring, I mean how can it not be, but it is definitely worth it. No matter where you go, you need to embrace its existence. Be it a small town, a big town. Everytime I go somewhere, I learn something, well that would be an exaggeration but it definitely gives me a different outlook to life.

I was at San Antonio and Austin this past Sunday. I know two cities in one day but it was awesome! My friend from back home, now a Sun Devils (hehehe Krak had to put it in there), was down in Houston and it was fun! We were reminiscing old school days back home and boy o boy, was it something. We go through these stories every time we talk, but it never seems to grow old. It was definitely a good weekend.

Was in Longhorn Land for about an hour! And boy was I thinking about what would have happened if I were there. Krak, his dad and I were walking through UT land on a day of spring break, and both of us in unison go "Where are the geeks?"- to which Krak came out with a great but very strong answer- " Go back home and look into the mirror, you will find them"... So it got me to thinking, we are geeks on campus arent we? The more I deny it, the more someone or the other points it at me. I have to thank Annie for de-geeking me since I met her....That girl is crazy....Oh yea Annie used to be part of Longhorn Land, before she moved to Cougar Land. So yea before that all I had was school-work-home-school-work-home..and the same routine over and over again. Until Fall 2005, when I met these wonderful crazy people in Linear Algebra, aka, misery. We got to be such great friends, it was perfect. I am so glad we've been friends for a long time now. I might be the youngest among them, but they definitely de-geek me like I said.
So yea I think I have de-geeked myself now too, since I am procrastinating during this spring break...even though I wake up every morning going...I need to do something and then some friend either from India or wherever the time difference is more than 6 hrs, pops up online and talks to me and I forget my misery of being a workaholic. And yes I have been sleeping more than 5 hrs, isnt that awesome?

Oh well I have run out of things to ramble about...
Later!
Shreya

1 comment:

Annie Frankovis said...

Haha, yeah, and we're still geeks since we sit at Chilli's talking about experimental econ and about politics. Haha! FREE TRADE! But you know what? You'll be the one with the last laugh since you worked your butt off in school.