Sunday, March 25, 2007

God or no God? The worst that will happen is that I will die, but oh wait- I will be dying some day no matter what?

The reason I am talking about God today (yes surprising since I don't bring this topic up too
much), is because a friend of mine up at UTD made me read A Modest Proposal for anonymous reasons. One of the articles talked about how America would be a godless nation once the Democrats came to power in 2008. Since when did Liberalism become non-godism? Not that I am preaching that all of us should get down to our knees and acknowledging the existence of god(I am better off not doing it), but what gives one the right to say that deny his/her/its existence will be the doom of our existence? Here's another of my REALITY CHECKS- believing in god questions your inherent capabilities and also acquired skills. "Believe in yourself", its really not that hard! God exists or not is a whole different scenario! Go ahead and believe in him but don't shove it in my face or for that matter that of the others if we don't believe that. If it really were true that God was responsible for the happenings on earth, oh boy would we have actually had a different landscape! People would be EQUAL, opportunities would be EQUAL, hell life would be better. And if you(ardent believer in God) are denying this and saying that we create our own lives, then hell yes you are already contradicting yourself--> you make your own decisions, you are responsible for your sins, you are responsible for your good deeds. I am not asking you not be a God-believer, just stop hating me for questioning God's existence or rather not believing in God.

Shreya

No comments: