Friday, March 09, 2007

Oh my gosh! So I finally recovered my account details and everything and am back to blogging.

So a lot has gone down since the last time I on wrote here (as is expected). The big news is I am graduating this semester!!! Yes finally, even though that seems like an irony since I am finishing a year early and should not be using the word finally. It's so nice to realize that you are actually finishing one part of your life. But the other side to this coin- trying to figure out what to do next, is definitely a brain hutter. I am currently in this spot where I don't know if I want to go to graduate school and be a 24 year old with a PhD and no work experience or go into the work field and go back to school after a while. Oh well! These kinds of things are most definitely frustrating but I guess you have to live out of it.

I did apply to graduate schools. Got a conditional acceptance from Oxford- yes the one in England, and not the one in Tennessee, USA. The condition being that I have to have a certain GPA by the time I graduate, and guess how off I am ......done guessing? I am off by 27/1000 of a point. I hate them for it, but I guess it gives me added incentive to study during this last semester! Brown University (up in Rhode Island) and Columbia University (New York :) ) have skillfully rejected me. So this week has been going worse than usual. Surviving it though....atleast I have convinced myself about it.

But I have to go now since I am at work (and hardly working).
I promise I will be updating this place like crazy from now on!!!
Take care!
Adios
Shreya

No comments: