Thursday, September 20, 2007

Top ten things about...

First month of Grad school and I think I can tell you what my economics classes are going to reiterate for eternity. So here are the top ten things about economics classes in grad school

  1. Monotone increasing/decreasing
  2. Concave/Convex functions.
  3. Jensen's Inequality
  4. The Implicit Function Theorem
  5. Envelope Theorem
  6. Duality Theorem
  7. Cramer's Rule
  8. Hessian/Hamiltonian/Jacobian
  9. The Intermediate Theorem
  10. Central Limit Theorem
If you haven't noticed something in the top ten, you are probably not reading it right. Its all MATH. ITS ALL MATH! My notes consist of math and then intuition. And would you know it, my intuition SUCKS!!!! Yes grad school in economics is definitionally equivalent to grad school in mathematics (oh here I go again with a nerdy talk :D)

Shreya

:(

3 comments:

Rajeev Turlapati said...

Yay..slog..let it not suck...
al th math..al those theorems...fuuuunn :P
ikno some of those.for others il giv my notes :D

Kartik said...

TOP 10? TOP 10? You need to get your superlatives right :-p

Annie Frankovis said...

Yeah, math doesn't suck.