Sunday, September 16, 2007

To be or not to be...a spy?

So apparently I have a natural inclination towards the Russian language. Weird? Quite frankly it is. I don't know how it is possible but apparently I understand Russian pretty darn well. My first year batch consists of three Eastern Europeans and a Russian, and no wonder when they are around they start to jabber off in Russian. Here's where it gets immensely crazy. They used two English words in that entire conversation last Friday and I understood word to word and did a perfect translation. It drove them nuts as to how I could understand, what was even funnier was even though I was gloating in pride that I could understand an unknown foreign language, I couldn't figure out how the heck I could comprehend it. Its a different thing if you sort of understand a couple of words here and there, but whole conversations...

So now I have gone from being Shreya- the Kid to Shreya- the Spy...can't decide which is worse(even though the former apparently still exists) ?

The weirdo in me asks me to shut up and get back to lagrangians...that's exactly what I am going to do!

~Shreya

2 comments:

Rajeev Turlapati said...

xonzh
konniseejkhklreeklynfaa
:P
what's this

Rajeev Turlapati said...

ok the 1st word is the captcha(word verification) thing :P
and second one has shreya embedded in a word of junk
lol