Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Run Lola Run!

Red haired, skinny chic running close to a million times (I exaggerate with good intent) just to save her boyfriend from getting beaten up by a don- for 100,000 Deutsche Mark.

That is probably the shortest synopsis anyone will give you for Run Lola Run starring Franka Potente. For those who have seen the movie, you know what I am talking about. For the unaware souls, watch the movie. I assure you, disappointment will not be part of the baggage. And watch it in German (with English subtitles, if you will), don't watch the dubbed version.

Brilliantly filmed, simple movie.

4 comments:

Varun Abhiram said...

From where I should get German version it seems??

shreybomb said...

That is a brilliant question- with a highly un-brilliant answer= I have no idea, if you don't then I am nowhere close to knowing it :D

Sai Vishnubhatla said...

Good movie indeed...Tom Tykwer has done a great job...saw it in berlin ...if you understand a lil german, i guess you would really appreciate the directors effort in narrating an obvious story line into something of a thriller .....it was frequently broadcasted some years ago on ZEE-MGM(now named something more weirder) in india ...

shreybomb said...

@Sai,

Interestingly, I never saw it on Zee-MGM. My dad always recommended that movie. I loved it. I love the thrill in the movie, however subtle it is.