Friday, August 17, 2007

Doors....

I was walking through the automatic doors of the Math Building at my University, when I literally heard myself say in my head, "That's right. You open for ME!" Well I did giggle in shock cause I didn't realize I actually was being sadistic about it, but something struck me when the next door wasn't automatic. I had to push it open, basically make the effort to get through. Doors pretty much give you the feel that you are visualizing life. Sometimes in life things get done, it flows unattended cause it just has to. And dare you stop it, cause you might end up getting hurt. Just like how you do not try to force open an automatic door (unless it isn't working) because you know you aren't helping your case at all. Other hard times- you have to make the effort to get through. Obstacle after obstacle and you have to open it, conquer it and move on. Sorta like the difference between an automatic door and a "manual" door. You get the point...

Some of us take life way too easy, and some of us take life way too seriously. I hate to admit that I am in the second group. I envy those people that make both the effort to have fun and get work done. Its really hard for me to do that. I have to have things done the way a perfect world would function, and no surprise, get smacked right in the face over and over; never learning the lesson. As I walked through the aforementioned door yesterday (which has been used like a million times before though), I realized what I was missing out in life. Getting things right always doesn't matter to the world neither should it to me. It , in turn, ends up hurting me. I have to let certain things flow their course and not stop it. I have preached to a million people' "Live in the moment, let life flow the way it has to!" , but often find myself scared to practice it with myself. I am going to make the honest effort to stop myself from committing the same mistake again.

I never knew doors could teach you a lesson......phew!


~Shreya

4 comments:

Annie Frankovis said...

You have too much time to think. LoL. Good lesson to learn though. :)

shreybomb said...

@annie- you know all I do is think....but look who's talking....miss my-hobbies-include-budgeting :D

Rajeev Turlapati said...

:O
some philosophy :P
nice nice..welcome to my club :P

Anju said...

Nice analogy..naturally you do have a habit of thinking and analysing things..i have got into problems due to the same habit and many a times people have told me "u think too much"..anyway..we just cannot help..i mean it comes naturally..then regarding perfecting things or to avoid perfecting things i am not quite sure how easily one can change oneself..it is like u knw once u dig a hole in the ground no matter how much u try to hide it by filling back the soil, it still looks obvious..but i satisfy myself by thinking that atleast i realise what i shud and what i shud not do..so good that atleast u knw when u shud relax a bit..take care..:)