Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Seriously!

Ok so off-late people have been questioning my Indian-ness! Seriously, get off my back! I have lived in India for thirteen years, so I don't think I am a confused desi- rather I am a CONFIDENT desi- so new definition of ABCD- American Born CONFIDENT Desi- now if you can't deal with the fact that I am more Indian that some of you fobs around here, then stop being jealous and try not to americanize yourself that much. Don't tell me that I am not sure of what Indian culture means and stuff like that. I do not care much for your opinion and I will leave no stone unturned to verbalize the fact that I have taken offence to your comments. So do keep in mind about these things when you are talking with me. Just because I was born here does not mean that I am not sure where I originated from. If you are insecure do not put the onus on me. Find out why you feel that way and rectify it.
Seriously!!! Get off my back and watch your own before something goes wrong!

5 comments:

Annie Frankovis said...

I really can't believe that some people are chewing into you about this. You are one of the most hard-working people (and brightest) people I've met (and I've met some people who have already changed science as we know it). Let me know if my teasing is too much though (my twin, but not quite twin).

Rajeev Turlapati said...

Way to go!

shreybomb said...

@annie- thanks hun! absolutely not! Your teasing doesn't even qualify as a tease, you say it in all good humor, there's nothing wrong with it. My vexation is with people who literally have no right to tell stuff like, questioning my loyalties(as they put it). They have half the idea where I stand and where I come from- it's what I have deemed- their own guilty conscience and me being their venting ground. Twin- you have nothing to worry about- you saying stuff like that actually helps me be sane!

shreybomb said...

@rajeev- thanks rajeev! i am glad you understand where the vexation arrived from!

Annie Frankovis said...

Twin, my car is busted. Did you hear? I'm working 11-7 Monday, and start summer school Tuesday. Will you be on campus to hang out?