Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I drag my feet on the empty street,
Not knowing where life will take me.
Earphones plugged in, Johny Cash playing,
Cell phone in hand,
I remain oblivious to the passing land.
What am I thinking, or am I thinking at all?
The courage I lost, I try to regain,
But the inner self makes me refrain.
What have I done all these years, I ask
The answer though evident is not lucid.
My heart wants to stop for a while
It is tired from taking this stride.
Don't get it wrong, it wants to go on,
But a little rest would help.
Why do we deny it that luxury?

The selfish ME emerges
I am on a lonely street and I still want to be alone
Loneliness is a crowd by itself
Does earth have a place for people like me
Society has killed me- I have turned into a fake being

Oblivion though haunts me naught.
For it is mysterious and adventurous
Tie not your life with unwanted chains
Help me for I am not lost,
I have not found anything either.
I just want to live
No one has found out to live means
Help me be the one who does.

No comments: